|Description||Her parents’ firstborn, she is ever vigilant, ever focused. And as swift and delicate with a bow as she is with a fiddlestick. Linda is sharp enough that she can shoot her arrows as she walks, should the need arise.|
|Fighting Style||Ranged ➜ Bard|
|Primary Attack||Basic Shot: Linda shoots an arrow in a straight line dealing damage and generating 4 focus per hit.|
|Evade||Cartwheel: Linda nimbly flips forward out of danger. 2 charges.|
Codex[edit | edit source]
All of Linda's hopes and dreams in life manifest in one thing: music.
She spent her childhood in the Old Barahut, a place known for its vibrant celebrations and festivals. The first time they went to the grape festival, she became so mesmerized by the playing of a street fiddler that she forgot her mother Mary and younger brother Mark, and started following him through the throngs. As soon she realized that she had lost her family, she started crying so hard that the fiddler had to giver her his violin as a plaything to calm the young girl. By the time Mary found her, she was succeeded in playing her first piece. Surprised by her passion and her talent, the musician left the fiddle for her. A gift that started her on the path of becoming a musician.
On a different note, after the family left Barahut for their current home, her father John taught her a different kind of bow. She found a strange connection between archery and playing the violin, otherwise, as Margaret observed, she would never have picked up the former as well as the latter.
She loves her music so much that hardly an evening passes that the Bergsons are left unentertained by her tunes.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Linda is a kind and gentle girl, yet strong and dutiful. As the the firstborn of John and Mary, she sees as her responsibility to fight the corruption alongside her father and protect her family.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Linda is a ranged attacker specialized with a bow. She excels at dealing damage from a safe distance, being very effective in co-op if the other player picks a frontline character to protect her.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Can move while firing her bow, at the cost of stamina.
- Great mobility, with high movement speed and Evade range.
- Arrows travel fullscreen, effectively allowing her to hit enemies offscreen.
- Explosive Crescendo provides a strong area-of-effect damage that can hit enemies from virtually any range.
- Harmonic Slam is a great crowd-control ability to use when enemies reach Linda in melee range.
- Can decimate bosses with her Guardian's Rage combined with Inner Rhythm.
- Can passively increase the movement speed of the other characters.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Low health.
- Completely draining her stamina prevents Linda from moving and shooting until her stamina bar is completely refilled.
- Her default Primary Attacks can only hit one enemy at time.
- Very fragile when surrounded by enemies, specially in enclosed spaces.
- Can have a hard time hitting faster enemies.
- Inner Rhythm is difficult to maintain in single player mode, as she is required to constant move to avoid enemies.
List of Abilities[edit | edit source]
Active: Skill Lv 0
Loose an arrow skyward to fall upon Linda's enemies with explosive foce.
Passive: Skill Lv 0
Decrease the stamina Linda must consume while moving and shooting, increasing the duration she can perform.
We Move as One•
Trait: Skill Lv 4
The family that moves together, stays together, increasing the entire family's movement speed.
Active: Skill Lv 4
Linda focuses to temporarily push her abilities to their max, drastically increasing her attack speed.
Passive: Skill Lv 4
While standing still, Linda's damage increases with each arrow loosed.
Trait: Skill Lv 8
Family members gain Explosive Crescendo runes for their various abilities.
Active: Skill Lv 8
Strike a dominating note, stunning all enemies near Linda.
A Sister's Care•
Trait: Skill Lv 14
Linda appears to perform her Harmonic Slam and stun any nearby enemies when a family member receives heavy damage.
Passive: Skill Lv 14
Melee attackers become slowed upon hitting Linda.
Lento to Grave•
Passive: Skill Lv 14
Linda deals increased damage against slowed or stunned enemies.
Trait: Skill Lv 20
Linda's violin whispers in the ears of the family, lifting their spirits and further increasing the entire family's movement speed while weapons are sheathed.
Passive: Skill Lv 20
Increase Linda's attack speed and decrease the cooldown of all her abilities.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During early development, Linda was planned to form a relationship with Joey.
- Reminiscents of this concept can still be found in the game, in moments where Joey talks to himself about Linda, implying his romantic feelings for her.